Based on our experiences of customers we have put together the most frequently-made mistakes made by the sports organizers in making and maintaining schedules for leagues:
- Create two or more schedules of the same team at the same day and at the same time.
- Not providing all the required information about the location, such as addresses as well as directions to the location, parking details as well as public transportation options landmarks, etc…
- In the event that there are a significant number of courts or fields in one location, the courts aren’t giving clear directions to the fields numbers.
- The address is not linked with a map URL or Google or Bing or Apple maps.
- Not mentioning or indicating teams that fall within the home neutral, away, or home.
- Without mentioning the number of minutes or hours, players should be on time prior to the game starts.
- This does not include details such as the is the appropriate uniform, the other tools or equipment you should bringalong, etc.
- If there is an event after the game but not making it clear.
- Uneven match frequency between all teams. This means that one team will have more games than the other teams.
- Matches that are scheduled between two teams of different ability, i.e. teams from lower divisions or age group playing the team from the higher Division or Age Group.
- Insufficient time between games, particularly when the games are in different locations and takes the time to get between one location to another.
- Playing multiple games on one field simultaneously.
- It is not a good idea to schedule the games late at late night, or in the early morning.
- Too many games scheduled for one team during one day or during the weekend.
- The scheduling of games is not permitted during public holidays or during the long weekend.
- The divisions should not be color-coded or teams or locations, if necessary, in order to read the schedules.
- Insufficiently sending a schedule reminder to all team members when adding an additional schedule or changing any existing plan.
- Insufficiently sending a schedule reminder to all team members when adding the new schedule or changing any existing plan.
- Do not allow team members to signify their availability for the game.
- The tool you are using is not the one to generate the schedules automatically.
- The schedules are not distributed through every possible avenue such as mobile apps websites, emails and calendar sync via SMS.
- This makes it difficult to print out the league calendars so that the players can keep track of their schedules.
- This makes it difficult to sign up and sync with schedules of the league on calendars.
- Not immediately publishing modifications made to the calendar across every channel, including mobile app, the website messages or SMS messages calendar sync.
- Insufficiently providing instant access on demand to the most recent games results, standings along with tournament brackets
You can use sports ground management App aka Booking Manager by CricHeroes helps to manage you Sports ground booking very easily.